In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Tom And Jerry in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Tom And Jerry.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Tom And Jerry - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about TOM AND JERRY
Tom and Jerry is a member of the Hanna Barbera character group that is best known for their animated role in cartoon entertainment. The characters began being designed during 1957 by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, former MGM animation directors. Their American studio became known as the H-B Production Company. Much of their programming was channeled through the Cartoon Network.
Did you know?
- Tom the cat first appeared in 1940 with the alias name Jasper.
- Jerry the mouse first appeared in 1940 with the alias name Jinx.
- They almost always have conflict with each other.
- Other characters are yard dog Spike, alley cat Butch, and caretaker Mammy Two Shoes.
- Tom and Jerry appear in the 1945 musical film Anchors Aweigh as Tom is a butler for Jerry who dances with Gene Kelly, and the 1953 musical film Dangerous When Wet as Tom and Jerry swim in an underwater ballet with Esther Williams.
Hanna-Barbera produced The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, The Smurfs, Scooby-Doo, etc. allowing them 1 Golden Globe Award, 8 Emmys Awards, a star at Hollywood Walk of Fame, etc. They are associated with classic works and in 2005, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences awarded Hanna and Barbera with a bronze wall sculpture that portrayed the founders and their characters.