In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Geodude in 5 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Geodude.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Geodude - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Geodude
This one-foot-tall Pokemon is of the ground-rock variety, though it does have an Alolan variant that is rock-electric. This gray boulder Pokemon has muscular arms and five-fingered hands, but no legs. The original variant of the Geodude has no additional features to its body, but the one from the Alola region possesses eyebrow-like and hair-like deposits of iron sand that stick to it because of the magnetic rock that composes some parts of its body. This Pokemon uses its strong arms to climb mountains, and is very proud of its physique. Geodudes will compete with one another in a contest of who’s body is the strongest, by ramming into each other repeatedly. Over time, the body of this Pokemon will become more and more chipped away, even to the point of causing the Geodude’s surface to become smooth. These are a mountain-dwelling Pokemon, that rolls downhill in search of food when it wakes from a slumber, usually taken place deep within the ground.
Did you know?
- Geodude is often mistaken for a rock and stepped on. When this happens, it gets angry and will flail its arms.
- Only its thumbs and index fingers are independent. The rest of their fingers have all fused together.
- Because Geodude is made of rock, it has a high resistance to physical attacks.
- They are a very common Pokemon, and are usually everywhere even if you cannot see them.
- If Geodude encounters an obstacle, it will use its arms to pull itself up and over it.
- No matter what happens to its outer body, Geodude’s heart will always remain rocky and rugged.
- If you accidentally step on an Alolan Geodude, you will likely be shocked with electricity.
Additional Facts about Geodude: This Pokemon first made its appearance in the anime as a Pokemon belonging to Brock, whom he traded to his brother after some time. Geodude and its other evolutions have been seen as quite loyal in the past, once even coming the faithful servants to King Onix. In the manga series, it is shown that six Geodude Pokemon formed a belt around Brock’s jacket. They were all named Geoone, Geotwo, all the way up to Geosix. They have also been shown on numerous occasions showing empathy and consideration for other people and Pokemon.