In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Hello Kitty in 14 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Hello Kitty.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Hello Kitty - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Hello Kitty
Hello Kitty is the name of a character that is very popular in Japan and around the world. She first appeared in 1974 on a small purse, and has since then exploded in popularity. Often she is portrayed as a young female cat that is kind-hearted and a little bit of a tomboy. Her species is officially a white Japanese bobtail cat and she is always drawn with a yellow nose, no mouth, and a red bow over her left ear.
Did you know?
- Hello Kitty’s real name is “Kitty White”.
- In Japan and many Asian countries, Hello Kitty is usually the center of “cute” pop culture.
- In 2007, Thailand used pink Hello Kitty armbands to punish policemen who had done minor things wrong, such as showing up to work late.
- Hello Kitty is the official ambassador of tourism for China and Hong Kong.
- There is almost every kind of Hello Kitty merchandise, including a pink machine gun.
- Although she is a Japanese character, according to her official biography, Hello Kitty was born in England.
Due to her overwhelming popularity, many have also suggested a darker side to Hello Kitty. Some think that her design was ripped off from an existing cute cat character, while other suggest different conspiracy theories.