In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Huckleberry Hound in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Huckleberry Hound.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Huckleberry Hound - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about HUCKLEBERRY HOUND from Hanna Barbera
Huckleberry Hound is a member of the Hanna Barbera character group that is best known for their animated role in cartoon entertainment. The characters began being designed during 1957 by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, former MGM animation directors. Their American studio became known as the H-B Production Company. Much of their programming was channeled through the Cartoon Network.
Did you know?
- This character first appeared in 1958 and he often sings “Oh My Darling, Clementine.”
- He’s a male light blue Coonhound with red bowtie, small yellow straw hat, and black-dotted red band.
- This dog is happy but calm and speaks with an American, Southern accent.
- His name is a reference to a character by classic American author Mark Twain, Huckleberry Finn.
- On the television series The Huckleberry Hound Show the character Boo Boo, Yogi Bear’s friend, had his first appearance.
Hanna-Barbera produced The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, The Smurfs, Scooby-Doo, etc. allowing them 1 Golden Globe Award, 8 Emmys Awards, a star at Hollywood Walk of Fame, etc. They are associated with classic works and in 2005, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences awarded Hanna and Barbera with a bronze wall sculpture that portrayed the founders and their characters.