In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Mickey Mouse in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Mickey Mouse.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Mickey Mouse - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about MICKEY MOUSE from Disney
Mickey Mouse is a member of the Disney casting group from the largest retail franchise in the world. The characters began design in 1923 at Los Angeles by Walt Disney with his first cartoon creation as Mickey Mouse, now the symbol of The Walt Disney Company.
Did you know?
- This character is a black mouse and first appeared in 1928 on cartoons, and in 1930 on comics.
- He usually wears red short pants with 2 large white buttons, white gloves, and large yellow shoes.
- His girlfriend is Minnie Mouse and his pet dog is Pluto.
- Mickey is often regarded as the most popular animated character in the world.
- He is also seen on the live action television series The Mickey Mouse Club.
- His name has become a household phrase to mean unprofessional, as with “Please do a good job and don’t Mickey Mouse it.”
- He also appears in video games, wrist watches, makes many cameos and is often referenced in other movies and television shows, and is the most desired greeter at theme parks.
- Mickey received 10 nominations for Academy Awards.
Other tributes include Australia having him as King of Moomba at their annual Moomba festival, he was Grand Marshal at the Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year’s Day, and he has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The popularity expanded Disney to many other areas of the media worldwide, with much merchandising, and 14 theme parks around the world.