In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Pikachu in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Pikachu.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Pikachu - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Pikachu
Their striking feature is the skin color which is bright yellow with black outlines at the end of their ear lobes. Also the most recognizable feature is the red dimples on their faces.
Did you know?
- Clefairy was originally preconceived by creators as the lead character for the marketing aspects of the franchise.
- Pikachu females are easily distinguished from their male counterparts due to the indentations found on their tails.
- In the cartoon series, Ash transformed into a Pikachu which was named Ashachu.
- Pikachu are obsessed with red foods such as Apples, red berries and Ketchup which is their favorite.
- Pikachu’s hidden talent is electricity which they use to gain energy. They energize themselves with electricity when they are asleep. They can also re-energize their fellow Pikachu with electric shocks.
- Although Nintendo are the primary designers of the Pokemon franchise, Pikachu was designed by GameFreak.
- Pikachu’s is based on two Japanese words, Pika which is the crackling sound of electricity while the Chu is the sound mice makes.
- Pikachu is threatened and will attack anyone who pulls its tail.
Pikachu is the most popular character and is shown by its constant references in pop culture and promotional materials such as coins and Pokemon trading cards.