In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Robot Chicken in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Robot Chicken.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Robot Chicken - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Robot Chicken
Robot Chicken is a stop-motion animated series that has run on Adult Swim since 2005. Produced by Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, it has proven to be wildly popular and created interest in several older cartoon series that had gone out of style. The show always opens with the same sequence, of the namesake “Robot Chicken” being created by a mad scientist and being forced to watch a bank of TVs, which is likely showing the sketches that the viewer is watching.
Did you know?
- Robot Chicken has won three Emmy awards and one Annie award.
- The title “Robot Chicken” came from a local Chinese restaurant. However, the creators went through over 60 names before deciding on this one.
- Although the figurines in the show started as just figurines, they were later adapted to have movable limbs for easier animating.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar and Mila Kunis have dedicated joke credits in every episode.
- The mad scientist at the beginning of each episode has a name: Fritz Huhnmorder, meaning “Chicken murderer”.
Robot Chicken is part of the boom of “adult” cartoons that began with the Simpsons and Ren and Stimpy. Since that period, there has been increasing interest and acceptance of using cartoons in adult story-telling and comedy situations. Adult Swim has grown in popularity and power due to catering to this interest.