In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Seadra in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Seadra.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Seadra - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Seadra
The name Seadra originates from the term ‘Sea Dragon’ which best describes this Pokémon’s appearance and attitude. Slightly bigger and more aggressive than Horsea, Seadra has two large wing-like fins and a much more aerodynamic structure; all helping it sore through deep water at very high speed. Like its predecessor, Seadra has a long tube-like mouth for firing thick black ink at its foes. It also uses this for swallowing its prey completely in one piece.
Did you know?
- Seadra’s ink is far more toxic than Horsea’s can cause fainting in humans
- There is danger for Seadra as its ink is highly sought after for practise in medicines
- Seadra catches prey by violently spinning its body, causing a whirlpool and exhausting its catch
- They nest by clinging onto branches of reefs with its anchoring tail
- Seadra are extremely vicious and will violently attack anyone or anything who should get too near its nest or pose a threat
Their young are also raised by the male of the family rather than the female. There are no distinctions between both genders and all have the instinct of expertly swimming and staying alert to dangers.