In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Shellder in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Shellder.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Shellder - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Shellder
Shellder. The water Pokémon living in a large purple shell. Sometimes described as black pearls, similar to those found in clams, its weaknesses are grass and electricity. Its enormous tongue is a very useful tool for Shellder; it can be used to burrow down to hide away, or it can use it to lure its prey. Shellder can also use their shells for a signature move; the clamp! The shell, when closed, can have an amazing grip and can cling on to its opponents or still objects.
Did you know?
- Biting onto the tail of a Slowpoke, the two will evolve together to form Slowbro
- If it clings to the head of Slowpoke, they will evolve into Slowking
- Historically, Shellder’s greatest enemy has been the Omastar which were known for preying on Shellder in the prehistoric period
- Shellder powers itself along the sea floor by quickly opening and closing its shell, working like a propeller
- Its shell is surprisingly strong – stronger than diamond, it’s been said
Shellder, not the most threatening Pokémon to many and prefers to hide. However, once exposed to the waterstone, Shellder will evolve into the bigger, stronger and feistier Cloyster