In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Snagglepuss in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Snagglepuss.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Snagglepuss - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Snagglepuss
Snagglepuss is a Hanna-Barbera character who first appeared in “The Quick Draw McGraw Show”, starting in 1959. He is shown as being quick-witted, but soft-spoken and easily surprised. Because he is a tiger, he lives in a cave that he is constantly trying to make nicer for himself, although his often fails. Like many Hanna-Barbera characters, he is an animal that also wears pieces of clothing, specifically shirt cuffs, an upturned collar, and a string necktie. Aside from this, he is a relatively “normal” pink tiger.
Did you know?
- Snagglepuss is another famous pink animal character, like The Pink Panther.
- Although somewhat different, his speech patter is similar to The Cowardly Lion from “The Wizard of Oz”.
- In episodes where he is changed by Major Minor, the dialog is often similar to a Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd cartoon.
- Before appearing in his own cartoons, Snagglepuss was orange-colored.
- Snagglepuss has a brother named “Snaggletooth”.
Catch Phrases: Snagglepuss is known for many catch phrases, unlike other cartoon characters that only have one. “Heavens to Murgatroyd!” is his most famous, but “Exit, stage left!”, is also commonly used. He also has a habit of adding the word “Even” to the end of sentences.