In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Staryu in 4 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Staryu.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Staryu - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Staryu
At first glance it’s hard to tell that Staryu is an actual Pokémon with its faceless features and its metallic appearance. However, it is just as much of a living, breathing Pokémon as the others. Staryu is a water Pokémon with a bright red encrusted jewel, star shaped body and a powerful water cannon. The bright red jewel in the centre of its body is there to protect its central organ known as the ‘core’ and glows extremely bright when the sun goes down.
Did you know?
- The brightness of its core will depend on its strength. If weakened it will glow very dim and flash
- At night, Staryu often float from the seabed to the surface and align themselves with the stars in the night sky to gain energy
- Although a salt-water Pokémon, Staryu have been known to swim into rivers and lakes
- Staryu’s body is very strong and can tolerate the high pressures of water on the deepest, darkest sea bed
- Staryu have no gender and can all reproduce equally
Staryu spend most of their time in the wild sitting calmly on the sea bed. If threatened, however, it can escape at very high speed and attack with a violent spray of its water cannon