In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw The Pink Panther in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the The Pink Panther.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw The Pink Panther - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about The Pink Panther
The Pink Panther is a character that originally appeared at the beginning and end credits of “The Pink Panther” film series, starting in 1963. A mischievous character, he is often depicted as harassing a small man with a moustache. The character is notable for remaining silent and relying on visual comedy with distinctive jazzy music providing sound effects. After the popularity of the film’s sequences, he went on to star in many short films and television series’.
Did you know?
- The first animated short is the only time a cartoon studio has won an Oscar with its first film.
- Part of the Pink Panther’s continuous “game” is replacing objects with pink versions.
- Many series have parodied the Pink Panther, including Family Guy and Dexter’s Lab.
- The Pink Panther’s name comes from the diamond that is stolen in the first film.
- Despite worldwide love for the character, there has not been an official DVD release of all of the series’.
The Pink Panther is considered the “last great theatrical short” character, created after most movies had stopped playing short cartoons before the main feature. Although he went on to star in television shows, the shorts were still played in theatres until the 1980s.