In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Thundercats in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Thundercats.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Thundercats - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Thundercats
Thundercats is a 1985 television show that was revived in 2011. Hugely popular and selling many toys at the time, it is a show based around a group of aliens that look half-cat and half-human. They have incredible powers and spend much of the show trying to make friends with humans on earth, and battling the mutants that they consider their enemy. Mumm-ra is their mortal enemy and the cause of much of the danger in the show.
Did you know?
- The original Thundercats was animated in Japan by some of the people who later went to Studio Ghibli.
- In the film “Juno”, the main character shouts “Thundercats are go!” when she goes into labor.
- Though they are aliens, many of the characters are based on the “Glam-Rock” style of many 80s rock musicians.
- The 2011 show, though many of the characters have similar names, is very different from the 1980s show.
- All of the main characters have names based on wild cat names.
- Thundercats parodies show up frequently on the Adult Swim cartoon “Robot Chicken”.
80s Nostalgia: Interest in the original Thundercats television show was revived in the 2000s by nostalgic adults who were growing to miss the show. It has appeared, along with He-Man, in many comedy sketch shows that poke fun at older cartoons.