In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw a Eua in 5 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Eua.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw a Eua - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Eua
A Eua is an air breathing snail that can only be found in Samoa. They are an endangered species that lives in tropical climates in trees. Eua have pretty shells that are a range of white to brown with even some patterns on them. Pictures of the snail often show them sitting on bright green leaves.
Did you know?
- 80% of the lowland rain forests of Samoa have been lost to development.
- The island of Samoa is surrounded by coral reefs.
- The Eua is also known as the Tutuiala Tree Snail.
- Eua are gastropods, which means they have 1 foot on their stomach.
- Pago Pago (the capital city of Samoa) gets 121 inches of rain each year.
- One of Samoa’s top businesses is coffee growing.
Lesson Plan Note: The island of Samoa is special place untouched by many outside influences. Spend a week showing you class the ecology and the culture of this beautiful place. The Eua or Tutuiala Tree Snail could be a great topic for the biology portion. For a more direct topic, try focusing on snails and slugs in general. There are many species out to discuss.