In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a Scottie dog in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about Scottie Dogs
Scottish terriers, simply called Scotties, are small dogs with short legs. They are known for their short, shiny black or brindle coats. They have long hair around their mouths that look like an overgrown mustache. Scotties were developed in Scotland in the 1700s; they were originally called the Aberdeen terrier.
Did You Know?
- The average height of Scotties is 10 to 11 inches. They weigh 19 to 23 pounds.
- Originally, Scotties were trained to hunt animals on farms that lived underground, including rabbits, badgers, rats, and mice.
- Scotties live to be 12 to 14 years old.
- Scotties cannot swim.
- Scotties like digging and chewing on objects.
- Scotties are considered good watchdogs because they are very alert and intelligent. Jock is a well-known
- Scottie watchdog that appears in the Disney movie “101 Dalmatians.”
Scotties have a reputation of being stubborn, feisty dogs. When training them as pets, owners have to be firm with them, or they will dominate the house. Humans need to establish that they are the leaders so that the pet will be obedient. Scotties are also known to be loving pets that are quite active indoors. They do not need a yard to play, but they should exercise daily.