In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Dratini in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Dratini.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Dratini - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Dratini
It is serpentine and has blue skin color with a white underside. It has fins on its head and has large purple eyes. It resides mostly in aquatic areas and lives in colonies.
Did you know?
- Dratini can grow up to over six feet tall. This is due to its life energy which increases as it grows.
- It constantly sheds its skin as it grows. This is so because it is a mechanism to level off the constantly increasing life force.
- Dratini and its evolutionary line species are all known as Dragon Pokémon due to their characteristics and appearances being similar to dragons.
- They are also thought to be a myth in the Pokémon franchise. This idea was modeled after the Loch Ness Monster which is also regarded as a myth.
- Its weakness include fairy, ice and dragon. Its strength on the other hand is it’s shedding of skin since it can remove injuries and infections during battles easily and still maintain its energy levels during battles.
Additionally, most Dratini cannot be found only pieces of their shed skin can be evidence of its existence. It lives deep in water bodies and do not require anything on land to survive.