In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw a Black Panther in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Black Panther.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw a Black Panther - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Step 1: Start out by drawing the bottom half of the face. It looks like a letter U with an extra curve on the rigth side. Leave space at the top for the ears, and don't forget to draw the mouth.
Step 2: Next, draw the ears. They are more rounded than most cats' ears, and there is another curved line inside the ear.
Step 3: Now let's add some detail to your panther's face. Draw the eyes and the nose. The nose looks like a small triangle with two straight lines coming out of the top.Don't forget to connect the nose to the mouth! Also draw a few dots on either side of the nose for the whiskers.
Step 4: Next, draw the left front leg and the paw. Panthers have very large paws that help them climb trees and catch prey.
Step 5: Now draw the other front leg, crossed in front of the panther.
Step 6: raw a straight line for the body and then draw the hind leg. If you need help, just remember that panthers have thick rounded legs and can jump up to 20 feet in the air!
Step 7: In between the front and back legs, draw a straight line for the belly. Also draw the panther's long and thick tail. When you are finished with that, you can color your panther black.
Interesting Facts about Black Panthers
Black panthers are any jaguars and leopards with black fur. Black panthers are native to the Americas, Africa, and Asia. They are sometimes simply referred to as panthers.
Did you know?
- The black panther’s dark fur makes it practically invisible in darkness. Their fur also helps them camouflage into their surroundings during the day.
- Black panthers are feared by other animals. They usually hunt at night time and they are meat eaters.
- Black panthers are considered endangered species.
- Black panthers are very strong climbers. They rest in trees, and they also hunt their prey by jumping on them from tree branches.
- Black panthers live and hunt alone on their own territories called home ranges.
- Black panthers can leap as a high as 20 feet in the air.
- Black panthers live in forests, swamplands, or grasslands.
- When a black panther wants to walk without being heard, it retracts its claws. Their paws have soft padding, and that also helps them move around quietly.
Although black panthers are considered either black jaguars or black leopards, some people also call other cats with dark coats black panthers. These include the other big cats, tigers and lions. Lynxes, bobcats, and cougars with dark coats are also sometimes called black panthers.