First, draw the body. The hammerhead shark's body is long, and it is rounded at the head and comes to a point at the tail.
At the end of the head, draw the shark's hammer. If you're having trouble, think of the top of a real hammer!
Now draw the eye. Hammerhead sharks have eyes at the very ends of their wide heads. This helps them to see everything above and below them at all times!
Next, draw the fin on the side. This is the fin the shark uses to move forward through the water.
In the middle of the shark's back, draw the top fin. It points upward, and this is what the shark uses to move from side to side through the water.
Your last step is to draw the tail. It looks like a boomerang with the ends pointing away from the body.
In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a hammerhead shark in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about Hammerhead Sharks
Hammerhead sharks are a group of sharks that got their name because of the shape of their head. Sharks are a type of fish. The head is flattened and it extends to a wide structure that is shaped like a hammer, and this structure is called a cephalofoil. There are nine species of hammerhead sharks.
Did you know?
- Hammerhead sharks live to be about 20 to 30 years old.
- The eyes of hammerhead sharks are located on both ends of their wide head.
- Hammerhead sharks pin their prey, which are usually stingrays, to the ground with their cephalofoil. Other than stingrays, hammerhead sharks also eat crabs, squid, and lobster.
- The average length of hammerhead sharks range between three and 20 feet.
- The largest species of hammerhead sharks is the great hammerhead. They grow to be as long as 13 feet, and they weigh about 500 pounds.
- Hammerhead sharks swim in schools of about 10 or 20. Some species of hammerhead sharks swim in schools of up to 200. Although they swim in large groups, they hunt alone.
Although people are afraid of hammerhead sharks, most species do not harm people. The only real dangerous species is the great hammerhead shark, but shark attacks are rare.