In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a seagull in just a few quick steps, but first…
Interesting Facts about Seagulls
Seagulls are the birds you most often find at the beach. They live on every continent. Although some prefer to live near the water, others usually build their nests in barns, buildings, and other locations that are typically up to one mile away from the shore.
Did you know?
- Seagulls mate for life. They take turns taking care of their babies, which are called chicks.
- Seagulls have a claw on their lower leg that they use to hold on to ledges and other surfaces so that they do not fall.
- On average, seagulls live for about 7 to 15 years.
- Seagulls eat practically anything. Their diet includes clams, rodents and insects. If you ever see them on the boardwalk, they would love it if you shared your French fries with them!
- Unlike other animals, seagulls can drink saltwater as well as freshwater. They have special glands above their eyes that filter the salt out of the water so that they can safely have a drink.
Seagulls are highly intelligent. They can teach and learn different kinds of behavior that help them gather food. Seagulls also use different sounds and body movements to communicate with each other. Some species have been observed to use tools.