On this page you’ll discover all our Big Cats, but first…
Interesting Facts about Big Cats
Not every cat is a cute and cuddly as your pet kitten. Some of the fiercest-and coolest-animals in the world are big jungle cats. These include lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars, cheetahs, and cougars.
- Cheetahs are the fastest land mammals. They can attain speeds of 60mph! That means that they would win a 100-meter race in just a third of the time that it takes the fastest human. How much time would it beat you by?
- Tiger stripes vary from cat to cat, no two have the same design. Make your own spot the difference puzzle or get up close and personal and draw a tiger stripe mosaic for your room inspired by the big orange cats. You can try the same thing with the unique spots on cheetahs, leopards, and jaguars.
- Big cats are the only ones that can roar. Can you? What about mom? Host an amateur roaring competition. The prize could be a ‘king of the jungle’ certificate that you design and draw. Whoever wins, they probably still wouldn’t be able to beat a lion, whose roar can be heard from a distance of 5 miles.
- Big cats are known for their furry physiques, especially lions and their ample manes (at least on the male lions). Don’t forget to add a little texture to your drawings to achieve this affect. Pipe cleaners are one easy way to the right volume!
- Even though house cats are pretty different from jungle cats they do have a lot in common since they came from the same ancestors. They are both nocturnal, sleepy during the day, meat-eaters, and more. You can make sure to show your cat the honor that it deserves by drawing it a special pet portrait.
- Did you know that ancient Egyptians even used to worship cats? Add some hieroglyphics to your next cat drawing for an extra effect.